The Tarahumara pack is named after a tribe of natives in northern Mexico, famous for their running prowess. It is a simple stripped down pack designed to carry 2 quarts of water and just enough gear for a light day in the field. However, with its very capable shoulder harness and horizontal compression straps, you've got some overflow capacity if you need it.
- 500d Construction
- two generous wand pockets (one on each side) are big enough for USGI pattern 1qt bottles. we like the "Oasis" version made by Nalgene. you can also fit dual 1.5qt round nalgenes on the sides.
- hang tab for a water bladder on the inside. if you are using a water bladder, the hose routes out the top of the zipper underneath the zipper hood.
- quilted padding on the body side with an exposed flat slot pocket suitable for stashing a netbook, machete, or even a lever action rifle.
- comfortable contoured shoulder harness
- can be used as a back pocket on our larger packs
- parachute and cordlock compression / lashing system on bottom
- dual horizontal compression straps allow you to carry larger items (like snowshoes for example) strapped vertically on the pack. this is the location the 717 stuff sack was designed for.
- You can request a substitution of the Shoulder Harness this comes with for a Runner's Harness. The Runner's Harness ties the Tarahumara together with a Kit Bag to created a dedicated vest. You gain some stability, but lose the modularity of being able to use either one separately.
|Manufacturer||Hill People Gear|